Wednesday, April 5, 2017

More scratch coat, but layoffs imminent. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

The guys are done for another week. I hope we can bring them back on Monday.

If we can't, it sets us back in more ways than one. They got the scratch coat on almost all of the lath work (after that's complete, they move to the downstairs drywalled areas). Unfortunately, every coat has to dry for two full weeks before the next one can be applied. Which means that they would lose at least a week's work that could be spent on other stuff (namely, finishing off the upstairs bath as much as possible and completing the casing for the upstairs windows and doors). If they can't do that in between plaster coats, that sets us back, too.

But absent a drastic change over the next four days, we won't have a choice. We need enough to cover their labor, and whatever additional materials they'll need, and I can't squeeze blood from a stone, or cash, either. We're finally moving into warmer days that would make it easier to do some of this with some speed, but without money, it all grinds to a halt. I'm afraid that this may be that point.

Living this way is killing me, but so is the stress of trying to fund the solution. And I have no choice on either front.

So. Shares. I know it's not the same as a widget, but you'll have to thank someone else for that mess, not me. There's nothing I can do about that, either. But we need shares, we need to get it in front of as many folks as possible, we need to do and try everything until there's nothing left, because right now, here, with this project? There's nothing left already. And I have to find a way to do it anyway. So here are the links:

  • Wings's PayPal account, for donations to the house fund (out of a current $30K goal, last night upped our total raised to $2,800 since last Monday, leaving a balance of $27,200. If that link doesn't work, it's tied to his e-mail address: wingsoftaos [at] newmex [dot] com.
  • His Web site, for sales (always preferable, and the base upon which the whole project hinges anyway, along with paying our day-to-day living expenses) — and just by the way, he's got some really incredible new works up now.
  • Our Amazon wishlist, which contains Lowe's cards that will allow us to purchase some materials more cheaply than here in town, and also allow us to divert the extra funds to labor costs.
This is all closing in on me in a big way right now; I'm so claustrophobic that I can hardly breathe. The next four days will be spent trying simultaneously to finish painting our bedroom and gin up enough sales to cover at least another week's worth of labor, and I don't see how I'm going to do it. As I said last night, I don't have enough in me to come up with anything else tonight, beyond our thanks to everyone who's helped us get this far. I hope we make it. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment