Saturday, April 8, 2017

Turquoise and copper walls, take 2. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Now this is more the color of it, even if the reflection and shadows do distort its appearance a little bit.

That's all I got done today, the closet walls — in part because of other demands on my time, in part because of my pain levels from doing all of this. If I'm lucky, I'll get the hall done tomorrow and maybe one of the short walls, but the rest will have to wait, apparently. Wings is planning on trying to get to the ceilings tomorrow, too (I haven't even done the one in the closet), but that will be simply rolling on the turquoise over the charcoal and leaving it. The darker base coat gives the turquoise a lot more depth, and makes it look like velvet.

And if you're wondering why I bothered with all of this work for a closet, it was actually strategic: This is my practice area, the one that will eventually be covered by clothes and no one will see if I eff it up. As it happens, it's worked out better than I expected, but it has taught me that there are a couple of ways in which I'll be diverting from the norm for the bedroom walls. 

For now, it's just a question of going as far as we can tomorrow, and also trying to raise enough to cover materials costs through next week. Which, of course, means shares of the following:
  • Wings's PayPal account, for donations to the house fund (out of a current $30K goal, we were blessed with $1,175 in donations day before yesterday, lowering the balance to $26,025. If that link doesn't work, it's tied to his e-mail address: wingsoftaos [at] newmex [dot] com. Also, that link? It's a direct one now, rather than via the "Donate" button, so it should work better.
  • His Web site, for sales (always preferable, and the base upon which the whole project hinges anyway, along with paying our day-to-day living expenses) — and just by the way, he's got some really incredible new works up now.
  • Our Amazon wishlist, which contains Lowe's cards that will allow us to purchase some materials more cheaply than here in town, and also allow us to divert the extra funds to labor costs.
A special thank-you to TH and kids for what we got in the mail today from Amazon; Shade and She-Wolf will put both to use, believe me. And as I've said so many times, profound thanks to everyone who's helped us get this far. I hope we can make it a little farther next week. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment