Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"What I wouldn't give for a hot bath" edition. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Two-man crew again today; Tony's off the rest of the week to let his thumb heal. Eight stitches; apparently instead of using the handled brush to clean his trowel, he sloshed it around in the water by hand, and the blade caught him under the edge of the thumbnail. Those suckers are sharp.

Clarence is a skilled mason, though, and Carlos knows what to do, and together, they got the edging all around the stairs done, plus the north wall of the living room except around the vigas. My favorite is the nicho, above, which is on the short expanse of wall next to the stairs as you come in the front door. I have more photos, but I'm still too hobbled up tonight to invest the effort.

I hope I can move more freely tomorrow; I need to be well enough by Thursday to resume painting. Right now? Out of the question. I can't even straighten up all the way, much less bend down; I'm stuck with this very small range of motion until my hip joints stop seizing. You have no idea what I'd give right now to be able to soak in a hot bath, but that's been out of the question for seven years now. I won't be able to do it, either, until we get the house habitable, which is going to tak a lot more work, and a lot more scratch.

I also need to find a way to boost sales and the fundraiser both for the remainder of this week. They picked up more plaster today, but we'll need other materials next week, and then there's the never-ending cost of labor, week in, week out, no matter what else is (or is not) going on. And forget the flooring, the appliances, the cabinets: Without the septic system, there's no living in it. That's at least $7K right there. There's no escape for me from all of this; these pressures are on my mind, and heavily so, every minute of every day. 

We need sales, and we need shares, and we need them badly. We need folks to push both, consistently, every single day:
  • Wings's PayPal account, for donations to the house fund (out of a $30K goal, we've raised an even $4 grand, leaving a balance yet to raise of $26,000). If that link doesn't work, it's tied to his e-mail address: wingsoftaos [at] newmex [dot] com. Also, that link? It's a direct one now, rather than via the "Donate" button, so it should work better.
  • His Web site, for sales (always preferable, and the base upon which the whole project hinges anyway, along with paying our day-to-day living expenses) — and just by the way, he's got some really incredible new works up now.
  • Our Amazon wishlist, which contains Lowe's cards that will allow us to purchase some materials more cheaply than here in town, and also allow us to divert the extra funds to labor costs.
Many thanks to everyone who's helped us get this far. Much as I'd like to focus on sales, I think I'm going to have to set another mini-fundraising goal soon, because we've got to get this done. And unfortunately ::shrug:: there isn't any other way.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment