Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day 3 on the ladder; at least 2 more to go. Lots coming up. Sales and shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017;
all rights reserved.

Yup, Day 3. That up there is what we spent this evening doing, me on the ladder and Wings alternating between holding the extension ladder steady and the three (count 'em, 3) separate trays of metallics (with sponges) up to me in turn. It's the leftover silver, copper, and bronze, each sponged on independently of the others, and it's a hell of a lot of work. I'm sufficiently used to it to be able to go pretty fast, but it's a lot easier when you don't also have to be worrying about falling ten or twelve feet.

Here's a close-up, with a slightly truer sense of the color:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.
That's looking at it from underneath, below the scaffold in the stairwell. When you look at it in person, from up above, it has a very Euro-Sixties vibe to it, color and pattern both. Don't worry; it's not going to look like this for long. Tomorrow evening, the pearlescent white goes back on over it. I had originally intended to sponge that off, but it's sheer enough that I may just roll a single coat on over it. I'll try a small patch and see how it does. If I can do the latter, it'll go much faster (to say nothing of easier). My feet and ankles (and knees and hips and shoulders and hands and everything else) could really use that about now.

The guys did touch-up and detail stuff on the trimwork today. Nothing new that's visible for photos, but just because I really like the way the woodwork and wall colors come together in this shot, here's another from yesterday:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

That is via me standing on the west side of the master bath, facing east through the bathroom's open door to look at the closed closet door across the hall. And, yes, the door really is that shiny; the wood looks like glass.

The guys are doing a final major clean-up upstairs tomorrow, preparatory to doing the stairs and starting to lay the floor next week. Which means that I have to have the painting, including all touch-ups, done this weekend. So it's going to be a lot of labor, a lot of up-and-down on my knees, a lot of detail work. And at least two additional days of hanging off the ladder in the stairwell. 

Beyond that, as I said last night, we have a lot more to do, a lot of expense yet to come. Cabinets are my current source of stress, and it's a lot of stress at this point, all the more so after $1,540 out the door today for Ice. We need sales, badly. We also need shares; the more of the cards we can accumulate, from folks who are willing to donate credit card points, etc., to them, the less cash that will have to be diverted to creating an actual kitchen. So here are the links:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
And my work for today is still nowhere near done. I may be up late enough to exhaust myself into a little sleep, so there's that. Love and gratitude to everybody. Oh, and two new works coming from Wings tomorrow, so please keep an eye out and share when the post goes up.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment