Thursday, August 31, 2017

We have light! And power. And a long way to go. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Yes! Lights! Also working ceiling fans, and everything else. The house is live now. Not liveable yet, but a big step closer today. They've got to come back one more time, after the deck is built, so they can get the upper exterior light installed; at the same time, they'll deal with that breaker box connector issue (the one Butthead Miskwaki loosened, which isn't a big deal but needs to be anchored), and they'll install the smoke/CO2 detectors, which are not in yet (because I dropped the ball, as with seemingly everything else these days).

That's the living room; I've got a lot more photos, but no energy to deal with posting them. Today was supposed to be slower, and it was just a repeat of every day this week in terms of the punishing pace and level of stress, and I'm still way behind. The woodstove guy came out today, and managed to irritate me ten minutes in (I really, really dislike it when men interrupt, talk over, and refuse to to listen to me, and all the more so when I wasn't talking to him in the first place, but to Wings, and mansplaining is never a good idea with me). I've mostly farmed that out to Wings, because I don't need the extra irritation right now; god knows I've got enough that is outside of anyone's control.

We were trying to itemize what's left to do a little while ago, and verbalized in one long string like that, it seems endless. It's not, but I'm losing momentum because I cannot sleep in this place any longer, and lack of sleep has my autoimmune complex out of control, and the upshot is that I can't function anymore. I sprained my right ankle again today — why? Because my balance is so bad because of my symptoms right now. Dahlia's leg is still not functional, either; Miskwaki apparently got kicked by Shade and now has a cut on his right hind; Raven and She-Wolf went running on the east side where they're not supposed to go, and now She-Wolf has a small wire cut on her left lower eyelid; and I am ready to scream. If I don't get several days' worth of real sleep soon, I'm not going to make it long enough to get into the house in the first place. Everything's still too far out.

And so now you know why whatever typos are in this post are here, and why some of the sentences probably make no sense. My cognitive issues with the brain fog are as out of control as the physical ones. So as I said last night, bear with me, because I'm going to be missing things right and left, and this flare is not going to end anytime soon. For now, here are the links (and if anyone wants to know, Home Depot cards are far and away the most useful thing right now, although eventually the plumber's are going to demand their cash):
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Please share them all, as much as possible. One large sale would go a long way toward making up the difference (the water heater is paid in full, but now there's all the other stuff, including the softener that has to go in before hook-up; yes, it's expensive, but it's going to save us a ton in the long run). Love and thanks to everyone, and I'm out for the night.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment