Monday, August 28, 2017

Floor done (mostly). Baseboards and stairs and deck on deck. Still horribly sick. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

The flooring is done. Well, on the floor per se, anyway. They're starting baseboards tomorrow, and then they have to do the stairs. But the upstairs floor itself is in.

I'm less pleased with what else was supposed to happen today, since the electrician was supposed to be here this morning; never showed, and couldn't be bothered to call. He says Wednesday now, because he's "busy" (cry me a fucking river; you hassled me all over the place last month and demanded money, so you can get your ass out here and finish it now). He says it'll be done by the end of the week. He's got that right, whether he knows it or not. By week's end, we WILL be shut of this wiring clusterfuck once and for all. Yes, I'm somewhere way past fed up with this hot mess.

On the plus side, here's some finish work from today:

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Transition strips between the bathroom tile and the hardwood flooring on either side. At least the main crew's got everything going right. Tomorrow, Tony and Reynaldo will continue with the baseboards and other woodwork, with some help from Marcos. Sherm is going with us to Olguin's to choose posts for the decking (deck/balcony off the doors upstairs). Then Sherm and Marcos are going to get started on building it. We had also planned to go to Santa Fe this week to take care of some other finish-type stuff via Lowe's and Home Depot, but that's out now — first, because of the electrical crap, but also because there's no way I can make the trip right now. The guys are gonna have to wait around for me while I hobble at Olguin's tomorrow; I'm barely moving. I have not had a flare this bad in longer than I can remember, and I feel about as crappy as I did when I had pneumonia back in February. Unfortunately, with this, there's nothing to do except ride it out, however long it lasts.

That means I have no energy for anything beyond copy and paste tonight (and it also means that nothing on this front is going to change as long as we're in this tin can, so it becomes ever more urgent, with winter looming, to get the house finished). I'm just gonna repeat what I said last night; no, I'm not even gonna bother block-quoting, because I'm literally too wiped out. As I've been saying, we have to figure out how to do all this labor, the cabinets, the appliances, the water softener, and the fix of that damn septic system now. I have no idea how, but we're going to push as far as we can. And as I also said, this means that the pressure is now on me even more to make sales to make up the differential. It also means that the Home Depot and Lowe's gift cards become ever more crucial, given what we still have to buy to make the place livable. Right now, Home Depot cards specifically are absolutely the most valuable thing in the world. So here are the links:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Please share them all, as much as possible. One large sale would go a long way toward making up the difference (the water heater is paid in full, but now there's all the other stuff, including the softener that has to go in before hook-up; yes, it's expensive, but it's going to save us a ton in the long run). Much love to all, and maybe send some good vibes of you got 'em to get me through this autoimmune flare until we can finally move in, however long that takes.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment