Saturday, August 12, 2017

Storms and lack of sleep and miles to go. Shares and sales needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

A relatively short-lived but extreme storm blew through here about an hour or so ago. That's one of the remnants. If you click on it to enlarge it, you'll see whole other worlds in those clouds. Maybe in one of them, Ice runs free.

We spent the first part of the day running errands. On the way home, in the field on the north side of the highway, there were two horses, and only two. Both of them white. And my heart broke a little more. It was a week ago this morning that he went down; tomorrow morning will mark a week since we said goodbye to him.

I had planned to prime and paint when we got home, but . . . visitors. Which means that tomorrow is spot priming, then first coat of color, then (I hope) sponging on the second coat (multicolor). Via scaffold. Ugh. There'll be a sponge-off final coat, too, but I doubt that I can get that far, given the dry time; may not even get through the sponge-on coat, for that matter. 

We have to make a trip to Home Depot and Lowe's soon. The cabinetry is the next big thing, and I've got to get stuff under way one way or another. I need to be able to have a kitchen, which means a working sink and fridge and range and the ability to cook, which means countertop space. We have to get out of here. I cannot remember the last time that I had a decent night's sleep (I passed out for a few hours last Sunday, simple exhaustion because of Ice, but not for long). Lately, it's probably no more than two hours a night, but not straight through — five minutes here, ten minutes there. My memory and ability to think are shot completely, my pain levels are jacked out of all control, and it's impossible for me to lose the weight I've added over the last year as a result of this, no matter how hard I try, because my cortisol levels are equally out of control from the stress and lack of sleep. That will not change as long as we're in this thing. It just won't; it's a physical, logistical impossibility. So. We need shares, daily, of Wings's site and the following other links:
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
Thanks again to everyone, and particularly to the dear soul who sent the beautiful message this morning, the one with the image of horse and rider that made me cry. That was before my e-mail crapped out again; it's still not up. I have more work, and I have to figure out how to get my couple of hours' worth of sleep yet tonight, if at all possible.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment