Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Snow here now, too. Water inside is not as welcome. Bills piling up; sales, subscribers, and shares all badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

That was yesterday. This morning was sunny, until about 8:30; then we got our own first snow of the season. The peaks will allegedly get accumulations measured in feet over the course of the day, but here, the snow turned into rain and finally stopped altogether, although more is supposed to be imminent. It's cold enough for it to turn back to snow readily.


The precipitation was welcome this morning, that on the outside, at least. The pool on the laundry room floor, leaking out into the living room, was not. Our third day in the last four with plumbers here bright and early. And if they had listened to me yesterday, we could have avoided this, but no. They're already into us for more than $1,200 (they let us pay in installments, thank all that's holy, because there's no way we could come up with that kind of scratch on the spot) for the other two problems, and I have no idea how much more today's mess will add onto that. We also had to go pick up the truck today, and we left the car there, because really, it's not safe to drive with that front end the way it is, so it's a matter of sucking it up and cutting everywhere we can, and hoping to heaven we make some sales soon.

No respite from the medical bills (or the medical problems that led to them in the first place), either, and I am so far beyond tired already that I can't even think. As I said, from this point forward, it'll be mostly just the links. Pain and fatigue have taken over, they are permanent companions right now, never letting go, and there's simply no room for much else:
I have a ton of stuff still undone today, partly because of the morning starting off in a pool of water and partly because of the time spent in retrieving the truck, etc. Except, potentially, for a few minutes here and there, I'll be mostly offline, not just today but probably the rest of the week, save the usual posts. Oh, and thanks to yesterday's hack job? Apple's e-mail program is refusing to let me send e-mail anymore; I can receive, but I can't reply. Anyone knows how to fix it, please DM me on FB or Twitter. Otherwise, I'm not ignoring you, I swear; I just can't send outgoing messages right now.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment