Monday, October 15, 2018

The bosses. Snow, and other storms today. Sales very badly needed now; subscribers and shares, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Just in case you were wondering who actually runs this joint. That was yesterday morning; they were both wet, and lightly skunked. And they still get the couch (provided the blanket is between them and it).

Snow on the ground here, and more allegedly on the way. Nothing like the forecast's upper estimate — only a couple of inches so far, although it's still possible that that could change. The peaks will get several inches, maybe a foot or more. Temps are still below freezing, and going to get a lot colder tonight. I've been up since 5:30, and there's a fire going in each woodstove.

As I said yesterday, this is far from the only storm we're facing right now. Later this morning we have to write a substantial enough check as a (very) partial payment on the taxes. It will be only a very small fraction, and they'll be into us for the balance for months upon months. We have to get the car out, too, and I have no idea what that will set us back. Then there are the plumbers, and of course the five figures' worth of medical bills remaining. 

I've been saying that I don't see a way to claw us out of this hole. I still don't. And it's hard to think when illness fogs your brain as badly as it does mine. There's nothing I can do right now except what I've done my whole life, which it just to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I have to make some sales, I have to find a way to bring in major amounts right now, and I don't know how, but I've got to get work trying. Wings has new work out, two brand-new pairs of earrings, and they're fabulous. It would be a small start.

We need sales, badly. Never moreso, frankly. What follows are links that are a means of helping a little bit. I am sick, body, mind, heart, and spirit, and there's no room for anything else:
Please share the links. We're now officially into holiday order season, because commissions take time, so if you're planning on holiday gifts, please keep Wings's work in mind. And given what we're up against, we won't turn away donations, either, because we simply can't afford it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment