Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Storm coming. Financial storm already here, and gaining strength.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
Beautiful landscape . . . except for the sign for that raging idiot Gary Johnson marring indigenous lands. Political signs are illegal on tribal lands without the owner's express consent, but that doesn't stop them. When it's on Wings's land? Nope. [No more than those ghastly pink pussy hats some colonizing white woman trespassed to stick on every fencepost on the tribal side last year. They disappeared with a quickness, too (no, not by us, but people rightly weren't having that nonsense).]

Today, that landscape has been returned to its near-pristine appearance.

It's colder now than it was at dawn; there was a storm moving in anyway, and now we're supposed to get the runoff from Willa on top of that tonight and tomorrow. There'll be flurries, at a minimum, before it's over. It was over 65 yesterday, close to 70, in fact. My joints are screaming at me now. The financial storm, of course, is already here and gaining strength; we'll have to send in another tax payment in a couple of weeks, and the hounding from the medical bills is never-ending.

Trying to get lots of things caught up before the real weather hits. As I said yesterday, Wings got three new pairs of earrings done over the weekend (in addition to the three from earlier last week), and I posted them here. The rest is cut-and-paste, because I'm way behind, there's a ton of stuff to get done yet before the real rain gets here, and I'm slower than molasses anymore.

Spirit knows we need sales now, and desperately. Repairs on both vehicles are paid, as well as a bunch of other stuff that needed to be paid now, and we squeezed out a little to help his clan brother out with heat. But the tax bill is going to haunt us for a very long time to come, to say nothing of the five figures' worth of medical bills remaining, and I have to send in something substantial on the latter, and soon. Like I said yesterday, I am exhausted, physically, mentally, and every other way, with the rapid-fire weather changes playing hell with my autoimmune disease and with my breathing issues (the cold is back morning and night, and so is my shortness of breath, in a very big way), so the rest is cut-and-paste.

I've been saying that I don't see a way to claw us out of this hole. I still don't. And it's hard to think when illness fogs your brain as badly as it does mine. There's nothing I can do right now except what I've done my whole life, which it just to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I have to make some sales, I have to find a way to bring in major amounts right now, and I don't know how, but I've got to get work trying. Wings has new work out, six brand-new pairs of earrings, and they're fabulous. It would be a small start.

We need sales, badly. Never moreso, frankly. What follows are links that are a means of helping a little bit. I am sick, body, mind, heart, and spirit, and there's no room for anything else:
Please share the links. We're now officially into holiday order season, because commissions take time, so if you're planning on holiday gifts, please keep Wings's work in mind. And given what we're up against, we won't turn away donations, either, because we simply can't afford it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment