Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A long day, a new cause, and a lot of medical expense. Subscribers, sales, and shares all needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

It's been a long, long, LONG day. Not an easy one, by any stretch. I'm wiped, but I have to do this first. Also, no new photos for at least a week; my SIM card reader is dead.

Before I get to the other stuff: The Ute Park fire grew by ~60 acres yesterday, with containment up to 30%. No word tonight. 90+ degrees again and high winds, but the mid-afternoon radar map showed rain directly over Cimarron, so without being on-site, we can't really tell either way. They are warning, though, that people should expect a return to extreme fire danger conditions, so there's no way to tell how the rest of the week will go. Lots of smoke here, probably most of it from fires to the west of us, but my breathing is not happy.

As I said yesterday, I wish I could figure out a way to blow all the creditors out along with the winds, so that maybe I could get on with some minimal semblance of recovery. At least fake it a little. Unfortunately, that's not only not happening; the calls and letters are endless, and I need to bring in enough to make it stop. As I've said, I really need to double my Patreon subscriptions (dollar-wise) to make even a little of that happen, so I've reset the goal accordingly. If I could get enough new people to subscribe to take the monthly total up to, say, $1,600, I'd be thrilled right now. Sales would help, too; in addition to the new barrettes, of the three new pairs of earrings I posted here yesterday, two are left, the lapis and the rose quartz. The ring I posted yesterday is still available, although the pendant has found its home. There'll be more new work later this week, probably. Also, the Patreon? If you pledge today, you're not billed for June until July 1st. As promised last night, I have something new under the "Bridges" (Causes) section, here. It's very important; it's very close to my heart; and $10 a month gets you access to these 1,800+ words on it, plus all the other posts in this category to come as we get into the general campaign season (along with other seasons that provide opportunities to help). Here are the links:
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it. Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. Also, my e-mail has apparently been hosed again by these constant intermittent outages, so if you haven't heard back over the last week, either resend or get via the Contact form or social-media DMs. I'm going to be late with everything, because just breathing is taking up so much time and effort these days that it puts me even more behind than I already am. I'm not really sleeping, and these rapid-fire weather changes are hell on my pain levels, to say nothing of what they, the pollen, and the smoke are doing to my breathing now. I'll try to have something new of at least minimal substance up at my Patreon by the end of tonight. Again, tonight's post is for subscribers at just $10/month and above, 1,800+ words, with a lot more at the other levels, including freebies. So many pieces in the works, and so little time to be able to get them finished, but I'm working on it.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment