Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Détente. Good wildfire news, with worrisome developments. The medical bills are endless, so sales and subscribers and shares are all needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
From yesterday. As you can see, puppies and chickens have reached a state of détente. Puppies are also (like the chickens) spoiled thoroughly rotten and feel no need to go back to wherever it is they used to hang. Even Cricket, although he's still traumatized by whatever was done to him, and still will not get any closer than 2-3 feet.

Ninety degrees-plus here today, perishingly low humidity, and high winds blowing eastward. Overnight, the Ute Park Fire expanded by a few hundred acres to something over 36.6K, but reached a 25% containment level. Unfortunately, despite the forecast, they let people return to their homes yesterday evening, and today we've got hard high winds blowing their way again, so I don't know what to expect for today and tonight. No new updates yet.

As I said yesterday, I wish I could figure out a way to blow all the creditors out along with the winds, so that maybe I could get on with some minimal semblance of recovery. At least fake it a little. Unfortunately, that's not only not happening; the calls and letters are endless, and I need to bring in enough to make it stop. As I've said, I really need to double my Patreon subscriptions (dollar-wise) to make even a little of that happen, so I've reset the goal accordingly. If I could get enough new people to subscribe to take the monthly total up to, say, $1,600, I'd be thrilled right now. Sales would help, too; in addition to the new barrettes, of the three new pairs of earrings I posted here yesterday, two are left, the lapis and the rose quartz. The ring I posted yesterday is still available, although the pendant has found its home. There'll be more new work later this week, probably. Also, the Patreon? If you pledge today, you're not billed for June until July 1st. Tomorrow, when the election results are in, I'll have something to post under the "Bridges" (Causes) section; for tonight, it's a natural-born superhero with a built-in cape. Here are the links:
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it. Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. Also, my e-mail has apparently been hosed again by these constant intermittent outages, so if you haven't heard back over the last week, either resend or get via the Contact form or social-media DMs. I'm going to be late with everything, because just breathing is taking up so much time and effort these days that it puts me even more behind than I already am. I'm not really sleeping, and these rapid-fire weather changes are hell on my pain levels, to say nothing of what they, the pollen, and the smoke are doing to my breathing now. I'll try to have something new of at least minimal substance up at my Patreon by the end of tonight. For subscribers at $200 and above, I posted 2500+ words a few nights ago, and there's a lot more at the other levels, including freebies. So many pieces in the works, and so little time to be able to get them finished, but I'm working on it.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment