Friday, June 22, 2018

Marigold flies in a different world. The truck doesn't fly at all. Sales, subscribers, and shares badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

You can't tell from the photo, but Marigold is, if I'm not mistaken, the Americauna chick farthest to the right who is not the one in the feed dish. I can't find a photo of her as an adult, although I know there are some. I'm reasonably sure that one is her, because, like Sienna, she had more red mixed in with the yellow in her feathers than their sisters do (and hence her name). ::Sigh:: at any rate, Marigold flies in a different world now. 

This one is my fault. Wings had lowered the fencing above the gate to the coop to keep the starling out, and I've been bitching about it for weeks, because the wire always, always catches my hair as I go under it. Two days ago, as a favor to me, he pinned it up a bit higher. Apparently, it was just enough that Marigold was able to fly out from the top of the feed can. And apparently that was enough to convince Coyote that, since her flock was not with her, she was fair game. I'm just sick over it. And Coyote knows better, but dogs that have been starved in puppyhood will tend to develop a strong prey drive, and here we are.

The one good thing today is the my sutures are out. The wrist looks like hell; the scar is a mess. It feels worse; clearly it cut much more than a "micronerve," and the pain is extraordinary. Nothing I can do except deal, and be grateful for that one small thing, since the rest of the day has gone to hell in the proverbial handbasket. The truck was running rough yesterday, and Philip took a look at it this morning. In addition to a new distributor, it needs a bunch of other stuff, and we'll get out of it for $500-600 if we're really lucky. Unfortunately, we don't have it right now, so that's gonna have to wait. And given how bad my pain levels still are, the rest is mostly cut-and-paste.

So between the truck and Shade's and Raven's vet bills and my own ER bills, and the complete and utter lack of sales, things are getting to a breaking point. We need to make sales. It would be really helpful to sell Wings's new work, and plenty of the existing work, too (especially since there's no end to the dunning on the existing ER bills). New Patreon subscriptions would help, too. Please keep sharing the links; I have no diagnosis on the cardiorespiratory stuff, and I can't even schedule the next round of testing yet, so we need to get a handle on all of this:
It would be wonderful to sell all of Wings's new work, to say nothing of the existing inventory. But his new stuff is pretty special. Also, if all goes well, I may have more to post shortly — given the way this day is going, probably not today, but maybe tomorrow. It's beautiful work. So please spread the links around. A lot.  




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment