Thursday, November 23, 2023

Finally starting to look like November.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Clouds slowly forming to the west/northwest, presumably the storm that's supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon. The temperature dropped this afternoon, and it's finally starting to look like November.

Since it's just the two of us, dinner is whenever we want to have it, and for us that means an evening meal. Some months back, I scored a very small organic turkey breast, which we could theoretically have anytime, but I decided to save it for today. That's our big concession to the day; for us, a special day called "Thanksgiving" has never been needed, because it's praxis and practice, a fundamental part of our traditional ways and of our daily life. That's not to say it's mere habit, or in any way mundane, because it's not; it's just that it's a way of life, our way, and there's no need for a government holiday built wholly on an ugly lie to conceal genocide for us to remember to do it. [If you're wondering, it's all covered in the second cultural recounting in the link.] 

And it's been a busy day on all fronts, as is usual for us anytime, but especially this time of year. I have several hours of work ahead of me yet tonight; Wings has been hard at outdoor physical labor all day. But we're fast running out of holiday season in which to make sales, as every weeks-early "Black Friday sale" e-mail keeps reminding me. I have to change that, and I've been too ill and too crippled by pain to do that. Small residual storms, indeed. But all that has to change now, pain or no. And there's plenty of that, after two days of having to walk and stand for hours on hard surfaces, so this will be a matter of pushing through it as best I can. It may not be very good, but there's no choice.

So I'm going back to posting screenshots of Wings's work on Twitter. Temporarily, and only until the end of each day. Then I'll delete. But taking our images off both accounts has destroyed our site traffic, from hundreds of human hits a day to nothing but crawlers and bots. And we can't afford that. I'm also going to try to run short threads daily now, because that's what produces results.

Because despite our recent sales, this year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [I've been able to prepay zero; a big fat zero]. Which means that I need to continue to bring in consistent sales to get that covered. Once that prepayment is handled, I can rest a little. But not now. I figure if I can bring in around $6K in sales between now and year's end, we'll be in halfway decent shape. But I have not been able to push sales like I need to be doing; my health has been too bad generally, but when I have only one partially-working hand with which to type, it becomes impossible. Because I'm a little better today, it means that I will by definition overdo it, but I need to bring in holiday sales now, enough to get the taxes off my desk once and for all. And while my illness worsens, I really need help. And, as always, all the links are listed below:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment