Saturday, November 18, 2023

Hard to compete with home.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Early anniversary flowers. "Early" because he brought them home to me a couple of days ago, but today's our actual anniversary. No, we're not doing anything; we can't eat out in restaurants anymore, and we're too tired to bother with take-out. I think it might just be tacos tonight.

Besides, it's kind of hard to compete with home for feeling comfortable and safe and happy. Especially when it's cold and wet [and at this rate, the rain will be snow by dark; not a lot, but something]. My illness makes it so hard for me to go anywhere anymore anyway, and I don't think people who haven't been really, badly housing-/shelter-insecure can understand how being home is kind of like a vacation for us. Yes, there's all the work, every day, but just not having that one worry, one I'd had all my adult life [and significant chunks of my childhood] makes it such a joy just to be home.

Besides, I've lost so much time this week to my dislocated shoulder/arm/elbow that I have a lot of catching up to do. No, it's not healed completely yet; well, not anywhere near that, actually. But I can type with both hands now. I can do basic things like washing my hair and dressing myself without killing myself in the process, either with plain old physical pain or with the clumsy contortions required to keep from tearing things further. And I actually slept two nights ago, better than in months, although that was mostly simple exhaustion; less well last night, but still some sleep. And I have to take advantage of it while I can.

Because despite our recent sales, this year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [I've been able to prepay zero; a big fat zero]. Which means that I need to continue to bring in consistent sales to get that covered. Once that prepayment is handled, I can rest a little. But not now. I figure if I can bring in around $6K in sales between now and year's end, we'll be in halfway decent shape. But I have not been able to push sales like I need to be doing; my health has been too bad generally, but when I have only one partially-working hand with which to type, it becomes impossible. Because I'm a little better today, it means that I will by definition overdo it, but I need to bring in holiday sales now.

So I'll still be pushing them, if not with quite the same sense of desperation that has had me in a death-grip for most of the year. But I need to continue to bring in enough to get the taxes off my desk once and for all. I also need a lot of help to do it, because while my illness worsens, Wings is having to do everything else, and I am so incredibly slow and incompetent at everything now that I simply don't have the ability to run threads like I used to; I can barely get the daily minimum done anymore. I really need help. And, as always, all the links are listed below:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment