Sunday, November 5, 2023

There might just be a chance after all.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Finally, a few real clouds. You know, the naturally-occurring kind that actually add moisture to the air rather than stealing it.

There's also a change in the forecast that suggests snow for Thursday. I would not have believed it, but the masses of lenticular clouds say that there might just be a chance after all.

For the weather. For us? I'm not so sure of that. I can't do anything more than I'm already doing, we're halfway into the holiday sales season, and I can't bring in any sales. My Patreon is now down more than $500 a month since the summer, and we cannot afford that kind of hit. That is our only "regular" source of income, insofar as whomever actually pays for their subscriptions gets processed every month — including those months, like most of them this year, where we haven't made a single sale. We can't make it on that kind of sales record, though, even if my Patreon patrons were fully paid up every month, which hasn't been the case for a very long time now.

I'm sicker than a dog [lupus, not COVID; lupus routinely causes flu-like symptoms, and it attacks internal organs in its more advanced stages, like mine]. I'm operating on about two hours' sleep. My pain levels are off the charts, and just standing upright is misery, never mind walking. And I don't know what more I can do. I'm too exhausted even to cry from the pain. I'm just numb.

This year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [that's a zero; a big fat zero]. I now need to bring in at least two sales a week, for the remainder of the year. And it's clear that my illness's progression means that I cannot maintain the pace or workload I have in years past. That means that we need help with shares, and with testimonials, too. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                      

No comments :

Post a Comment