Sunday, November 12, 2023

This is terrifying.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Not a cloud in the sky (but plenty of smoke from the plume to the west). Not a single snowflake anywhere on Spoon Mountain. It's the middle of November.

This is terrifying.

I can't make people understand just how deadly this is. Even less can we make them give a shit; they're products of an apocalyptic colonial system, and they're far more comfortable with looking at this as "just the way things are" than they are taking even minimal steps to ameliorate it.

And so the earth dies around us.

In addition, of course, to it being blow up and blown apart, along with millions of human bodies, in places all over the planet now.

The news is starting to wear me down in recognizeable ways, but not ones I can do anything about. We are required, at the very barest minimum, to bare witness and to tell the truth. We can't do any less, but the helplessness that goes with living in a society that commits genocide with our tax dollars and in our names is starting to abrade my soul in ways that can't be healed. At least not unless and until it does the right thing, which of course it will not, because it's founded on exactly this and depends on it for its existence.

So all of that just adds to the burden of physical pain that I already carry, day in, day out. There's no relief from that. There never will be; it will only get worse now. And while I'm no longer having to kill myself trying to make a certain minimum number of sales every week between now and year's end, this year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [that's a zero; a big fat zero]. Which means that I need to continue to bring in consistent sales to get that covered. Once that prepayment is handled, I can rest a little. But not now.

So I'll still be pushing sales, if not with quite the same sense of desperation that has had me in a death-grip for most of the year. But I need to continue to bring in enough to get the taxes off my desk once and for all, so that means we need shares. I posted those new earrings here the other day, and they and three in the same series are yesterday's NDN Silver feature, here. Today's feature is also earrings, and they're spectacular; for that matter, they're all gorgeous, and they all need to find their homes. And, as always, all the links are listed below:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment