Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Hope, anyway.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.


As I said elsewhere, beautiful clouds this morning, beginning with a coral-colored sky at dawn. No storm yet, but these kinds of clouds usually herald that kind of change in the weather, and so far, the weekend's forecast for it still holds. We can hope, anyway.

Of course, it's afternoon now and most of the clouds are gone, save for the feathering contrails of way too much air traffic for anybody's good.

Last night, I was seated on the couch, doing absolutely nothing [except watching the game]. Hands in my lap, no stretching, no flexing . . . and my left elbow dislocated. Just like that.  Which is how it happens for people like me, even though I know most people don't believe it's possible. It is; I've been dealing for 18 hours now with the agonizing pain of the resultant shoulder sublux. Because if the elbow goes, the shoulder goes, and that means no sleep, it means the kind of pain nothing touches, and it means swelling from neck to fingertips and no ability to move anything. Can't even wear my rings, and I almost didn't get the wedding ring off, the knuckle was so swollen.

What it did mean was that I was up at 4 AM, working one-handed to try to distract myself from the agony, and I did manage to get the gemstone-bead galleries reorganized. In all three of them [coils, earrings, necklaces], everything currently in inventory is on the very first page of the section; no need to scroll through endless pages looking for what's available. The same is true of everything else on the site: first page only, or also just barely onto the second page [necklaces; cuffs]. It's still a gigantic amount of work, and it needs to get sold.

Because despite our recent sale a little over a week ago, this year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [I've been able to prepay zero; a big fat zero]. Which means that I need to continue to bring in consistent sales to get that covered. Once that prepayment is handled, I can rest a little. But not now. I figure if I can bring in around $6K in sales between now and year's end, we'll be in halfway decent shape.

So I'll still be pushing sales, if not with quite the same sense of desperation that has had me in a death-grip for most of the year. But I need to continue to bring in enough to get the taxes off my desk once and for all, so that means we need shares. I also need a lot of help to do it, because while my illness worsens, Wings is having to do everything else, and I am so incredibly slow and incompetent at everything now, especially when I can only use one hand, that I simply don't have the ability to run threads like I used to; I can barely get the daily minimum done anymore. I really need help. And, as always, all the links are listed below:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                       

No comments :

Post a Comment