Sunday, June 9, 2019

It's a complete disaster.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Welcome to our utility room. It's a complete disaster.

They effed up the line from the washer, but not only that, they misinstalled the initial piping anyway. It's all open now and airing out; the plumber (Sherm's plumber; the guy who fixed the problem with the downstairs toilet a few weeks ago) is coming tomorrow morning to start working on making it right. The original plumber got hauled out here yesterday by Wings, and you can imagine how well that went. Pro-tip: The time to be worried is not when I'm loud (I virtually never raise my voice, anyway). The time to be afraid is when I get very, very quiet. I was hoarse from the smoke yesterday anyway, but if you've fucked us over AND you start both talking over me while I'm speaking AND trying to deflect away from the topic at hand with some bullshit? Oh, no. Especially when the problem derives from a failure to dig properly, set the pipe correctly, or even seal the fucking pipe. Like, at all. You know, basic Plumbing 101 stuff that even I know.

At any rate, I have no idea what this is going to set us back. It has to be fixed; there's absolutely no choice, health-wise, because the insulation and drywall were already soaked from inside and mildew's already present (no black mold, thank all that's holy, and we can't let it get to that point). So this is a hell of a lot more out the door than we were expecting or can afford. I also awakened in the very early hours of yesterday morning in the throes of another episode, having stopped breathing entirely again. Yesterday was nightmarish, with smoke everywhere; I only got through the day thanks to a high dose of Pred, which my doc has insisted I keep on hand for emergencies, even though it gives me some pretty nasty side effects. And there's still that new lump in my throat to contend with, so just getting through each day is an uphill climb for me right now. Which means sales are especially needed now; after all, I've got another medical appointment in three days, and Spirit only knows whether they're going to send me for yet more expensive needlework. [And there are all the other stressors of the last week, too, for both of us.]

So here's the site link; please share it. If you've been thinking about buying, now would be a good time. And if you want to help in other ways, here's our Amazon wishlist; probably most pressing are the hand-vacs at this point, but anything and everything on it, especially Amazon gift cards, are all incredibly helpful right now.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment