Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Screening out the stressors.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

I meant to post this a couple of days ago: mouse eradication. You can see how low to the ground that dryer vent is. They're not getting in there now, though. I think we may have caught the last one, but it'll be a few days before we know for sure.

Between Wings and River, they got 152 of the bales in yesterday; 22 are still in the north field, but they can be picked up one or two at a time, if need be. Yesterday was, of course, the first day since mid-spring that the mercury got anywhere near ninety. Hot again today, and still no rain in sight, although the experts insist that will change by this weekend. I'll believe it when it actually happens, and not before.

I didn't even do any of the loading and stacking yesterday, and I'm still completely wrung out. The pressures are endless, and at some point something's got to give, and it is — my health, on all fronts. I refuse even to entertain anything about the new mass in my neck; I assume that if the docs thought it was truly dangerous, mine would have told me by now to schedule another biopsy. At any rate, just the logistics involved in another biopsy, forget the thousands of dollars in cost, make it a nonstarter at the moment, and there's nothing I can do about that, so the healthiest thing is to focus on more immediate concerns. Like breathing.

We have to pay out quarterly taxes next week. We have to pick up two scrips today, and I have another medical bill waiting (more than a grand), and I still have to schedule my next follow-up, never mind figure out the additional testing that has nothing to do with my neck. I'm screening out the stressors as best I can, but there are just too many of them. So here's the cut-and-paste: sales here; testimonials here; wishlist (such as it is still) here. Thanks to the two folks who sent in testimonials; once again, I'm going to try to get them up tonight, although it all depends on how the rest of the day goes. We need more folks to send them in, too. Wings dropped his new bead pieces (two necklaces; four pairs of earrings) yesterday evening; you can find the summary post here. Please share their individual links, and be on the lookout for the other new works, especially the belt, which will likely be done next week.

The rest of the day is going to be busier than my body's equipped to handle right now, but there's nothing I can do about that, either, so I'd best get on it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment