Monday, June 10, 2019

It's very, very bad. It might get a whole lot worse.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

If you look closely, you can see the fracture on the right side of the pipe.

It was broken when they installed it. THEY GLUED THE CRACKS. THEY DID NOT SEAL IT. ANYWHERE.

They fucked up the entire install from jump. It's very, very bad.  It might get a whole lot worse. 

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

That's some — only some — of the water staining visible behind the cabinet under the kitchen sink. If it goes all the way across . . . .

Now. Two things we are not going to do. No one  NO ONE — is going to mention suing to me. I mean it. This is a Republican-oriented plaintiff-unfriendly state, with a not especially skilled bar. Litigation costs a fortune to mount, and we don't have it. Beyond that, do you honestly think our health can take it? Nope. It can't. Especially mine. I am in physical agony every single day, and there is absolutely no way I can take that on, too. We've already talked about all of it, at great length, and when it comes down to it, our only option is to let it go.

The second thing? There will be no reporting to the state licensing agency. There's no point. I've already checked the regs, and as soon as you bring a contractor to repair anything, they close it, uninvestigated. Investigations carried to legal conclusion, if any, can take as long as two years. Once they [eventually] come out and look at the damage they force you to live with, unrepaired, that's it. You will never hear another word, and they tell you that up front. Not even the disposition. 

So. This is a life-and-death health hazard for me now, because my airways are so compromised that there is no way I can live with mold. This has to be fixed, and NOW. We also can't afford to have any more of the wall compromised than is already the case. So there's no point in reporting anything. But I still have word of mouth, and even though those motherfuckers still think they can talk over me, they've got another thing coming. If nothing else, I'm glad I, in my cold, calm, quiet, utterly civil voice, made him cry on Saturday. I guess he's not used to a woman not letting him treat her like trash.

Tomorrow, the new plumber is going to insert an inflatable bladder into the pipe to see how far down the fracture goes. If the water doesn't ebb, we might be okay. Given what we're seeing in the kitchen, though? It looks like they fucked up the entire piping along the back of the house. Actually, that's not quite accurate; if what we suspect is true, it was likely deliberate. Yes, we're now hearing things, and it supports some suspicions I've had for a while now.It sucks to have people think that, because we're Native, we're too stupid to understand/know anything, and too stupid to get it when it all goes sideways. Except we've got it now, and no, we are not going to be their endless gravy train.

IF the whole thing is compromised . . . oh, god. That means excavating OUTSIDE the exterior of the house. It means opening up the exterior wall all the way across the north side, and replacing every inch of pipe, to say nothing of the interior stuff. It means redoing the adobe, and the plaster and the interior work. It means a fortune. I'm sick over it. I can barely breathe.

No. We can't do a GoFundMe; a certain evil person back in 2016 took care of that by fraudulently reporting our house fundraiser. It's going to have to rely on sales (and Patreon subscribers, maybe, but that sees very little growth). So I'm really, really going to need everyone's help pushing sales, because right now, I am so far beyond my wits' end I can barely function. All I want to do is sit here and sob, and I can't, because if I start, I'll never stop. And on Wednesday, I'm supposed to go back to the doctor and see if she thinks this new lump in my neck is something we need to worry about. I'm scared shitless, and I have no control over any of this; all I can do is put one foot in front of the other and hope and pray and try not to disintegrate. Wings needs me, the house needs me to pull it together, and I have to get this done somehow.

I need help to get this done. Please, please help us push sales. I've got to cover everything somehow, whatever it takes.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

1 comment :

  1. I sent you some money. I wish it could have been more but I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete