Sunday, March 20, 2016

Building Season

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

First official day of spring, and the building season has been well under way for a while now. The prairie dogs are fully awake, have been for some time, and are hard at work expanding their underground city here. They are also by far the largest prairie dogs we've ever had, both in length and in weight; they are positively mutant-sized. They're not the only ones; we have at least one coyote the size of a healthy wolf. he crossed the land again yesterday evening.

The birds are busy building, too. The Says phoebe is here, and at least one young and slender grackle . We have two mated pairs of bluebirds, one western pair and one mountain pair, both here two season early and apparently deciding to stay for the year. The magpies are building their nest right outside the door, the earliest I've ever seen. After last evening, I have reason to think that the little ones may already be here, hatched before winter's end.

And our own next stage of building is three days away. If we;re lucky, we'll be scheduling the dig work this work (and if we're really lucky, it's be more than mere "scheduling"; I'm hoping they can start on it before week's end).

So it's that time again when I beg, plead, wheedle, cajole you into sharing the link to our YouCaring page. Yeah, I know; I'm sick of it, too, but we've got a looooooong way to go. I don't have a choice. So please, help us hit the subgoal point between now and Wednesday: 25% of the larger goal for these stages; we only need to raise another $700 to get there. Please use the widgets on the page itself, or cut and paste the link, rather than sharing this or the FB post. Please also grab the widget on the lower right-hand side of the page, which will give you this auto-updating image: 


I will be mostly out today, in all likelihood; I have an enormous task list, and I'm moving slowly. This season is the worst for my health at the best of times, and these are not the best of times where my health is concerned right now. It's very much a daily battle, and I'm mostly on the losing end these days.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped thus far with donations, link shares, and other support. I'll check in as soon as I'm able. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment