Saturday, March 5, 2016

For Tricia

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.
We have no cats. I'm allergic, and we wouldn't trust Raven not to mistake them for oddly-shaped prairie dogs anyway.

We have dogs, but none of the photos fits, nor do those of horses or chickens.

We have wild birds, creatures who hold the winds and the light at their command.

I think, on this day, that they belong to Tricia — wild birds, winds, and light, all three.

As I said elsewhere, you always think there'll be more time. You never think the worst will happen; the mind is simply not allowed to walk down that dark path.

All day, my mind has returned repeatedly to one image, from a couple of weeks ago: a wild starling silhouetted in the dawn light, a gift of an image that I didn't know I had until it was done.

A single small bird springing onto the winds, into the light.

I think Tricia is with it now, free of pain, able to breathe, springing onto the winds, flying into the light.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

14 comments :

  1. just lovely and loving.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome; thank you, hon. I'm so sorry.

      Delete
  2. just lovely and loving.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a beautiful tribute, Aji.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crying all over again.Thank you dear Aji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, darlin'; thank you. I've been tearing up all day, too. So very sorry.

      Delete
  5. Crying all over again.Thank you dear Aji.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nimisenh. I think you're right. It takes a long time for the tears to come for me, though they have a little bit for Tricia. Instead, like you, I'm thinking on your starling springing free, and have been focusing on her being free from the pain and stress. And thinking maybe she walked on via the Rainbow Bridge; it would be so very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hon. And exactly. I've been tearing up off and on, but all day today, even when we were out running errands, I couldn't get this particular image out of my head. I'm so sorry that her body needed to leave, so I'm hanging onto her spirit flying free.

      Delete
  7. crying... again.
    thanks for this tribute so much Aji.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome; thank you, hon. It's been a difficult few days.

      Delete
  8. You are so special Aji....
    We lose so many good people. if you need me for ANYTHING sweetie, let me know... Tricia.....was a wonderful Kossack. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darlin'; I appreciate it. Still can't believe she's gone.

      Delete