Sunday, March 27, 2016

Two Requests

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.

As the title up there says, two requests today. The first is the obvious one. We've had zero shares from our YouCaring page since Thursday, and we need them. I'm beyond exhausted (basically continuously awake for the past 37 hours straight, and very little sleep even before that; more about that in a moment), so I'm going to be really blunt here: Please don't bother liking or sharing my Facebook links to this post or the fundraising site. It does essentially nothing. What we NEED is for people to do as I've requested consistently from the beginning: share via the widgets (or by cutting and pasting the link) on the page itself, and by grabbing the widget code and copying it over. I realize people mean well with the FB likes, but everyone's seen it, and it doesn't show anything but a link to this post, so please don't bother from this point forward. Yes, I'm cranky; I don't have words to describe my health right now. [Well, actually, I do, but no one wants to hear them). Here's that widget, and you don't need to be on FB or Twitter to use it; you can post it anywhere. PLEASE use it:


Now, the second thing, which has to do with my boy up there at the top, and also why I'm getting no sleep. 

I hate Easter. There are lots of reasons for that, mostly associational, but for the last three years straight, I've hated it because every single one of those three years, Griffin has gotten sick. Yes, I realize how unlikely that sounds, given that Easter falls on a different weekend every year, but it's a fact. I thought maybe we'd escaped it this year, since I did not wind up spending the night of Good Friday in the doggy ER, as I did in both 2014 and 2015. No such luck. This time, it's not his CVS, for the most part, but a gastric issue. Still, I'm up around the clock working on him, letting him in and out, chasing him down outside in 10-degree weather at four o'clock this morning, etc., etc. I'm out of energy, mental and physical resources, and patience for much else. So please, whatever good vibes ya got, send 'em Grif's way. He's in great health otherwise, and at 15 and a half, we want to keep him that way.

Thanks. Now I'll leave everybody alone while I get evening chores done and then probably go pass out.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


6 comments :

  1. Your YouCaring site isn't reporting all the shares it gets. I know that because I know I did share, using the twitter button the site itself gave me after my donation ten hours ago, and I saw that share pop up in my twitter timeline about a minute later. But I will admit my last two shares before this morning were on Thursday. Best for Grif, and is there anything specific off the Amazon list he needs and isn't getting atm? I noticed the 'taste of the wild' canned had been replaced by dry, and wondered if that was simply a monetary issue or whether something else had changed healthwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm referring to a different dynamic, one hat's Facebook-specific. When people share from my own FB link (or rather, they mostly just hit "Like,"), all it does is post the link to this post, with the logo from this blog, nothing from the YouCaring page. It's the YouCaring page that generates donations, not the shot of me with Hunter and BearGirl. That's what I was talking about here.

      As to Grif, it's gastric this time, mostly. The CVS complicates everything, of course. There's nothing specific on the wishlist, although I do need to put the canned stuff back on there; It's been off it because we had some, but we're getting low again. For now, we're giving Griffin a combination of psyllium and canned pumpkin, which seem to be helping, and I may start him on a little flax powder in the morning. We have the psyllium and flax ATM for Ice's sand colic, so that's covered.

      [Sigh] I'm just beat, and my mood is correspondingly low. Every spring gets a little worse in terms of my body's ability to cope with my physical issues, and this one has been exceptionally bad so far.

      Delete
  2. So sorry dear... Will try and help at first... So sorry for your health...Be well warrior woman.. soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I'm just completely wiped out right now, and my mood is shot.

      Delete
  3. {{{{Aji}}}} healing energies headed to you and Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking I'm sharing this via twitter?? I'm not sure anymore. :( I get easily confused at times.
    scritches to Griffin... and you - you make sure you get yourself warm and getting a good nap in or good night's sleep!!! You will only run yourself down.
    taxes done - will send something soon!

    ReplyDelete