Friday, February 15, 2019

Update: Rain or snow, sometimes it all just comes a little late.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Rain or snow, sometimes it all just comes a little late.

For those who want to know, my doc, who has been out sick herself this week, was back in the office late today to take care of problems like mine. She's made the referral, I've called the imaging people, and on Monday I'll be getting the biopsy done. 

It's not going to be pleasant; in fact, it freaks me out of I think about it too much, so I'm trying not to do that. I've had biopsies like this before, but the placement is far, far different this time. Either way, I should know something potentially by the end of next week (they have to send it out to the path, and there's a separate charge for that person to read the cells under a microscope, natch).

My mind has been split right down the middle on this for the last ten days: Half of me has been getting my head around the idea of a malignancy, so that I don't get surprised; the other half has been staking out the "benign" territory with a vengeance, and I think I've just realized that secretly, that's where all my mental energy has been going — to the assumption that it will not be cancer. That doesn't mean it's not serious; it will still likely involve surgery or other expensive unpleasantness, due to the nature, location, size, and invasiveness. But there's surgery to prevent, and there's surgery to try to fix after the fact, and the former is less worrisome than the latter. It might mean I also don't have to get it done rightthismoment, although that might be wishful thinking on my part.

At any rate, things are in process. That's better than stasis right now. Good vibes on Monday (and before and after, too), will still be very welcome.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment