Saturday, June 12, 2021

Extraordinary gifts.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021;
all rights reserved.

Yesterday's flowers. It was a day of extraordinary pain alleviated by some extraordinary gifts, too:  the flowers; the ring I posted here yesterday; Wings's professional taping of my dominant hand where multiple joints had dislocated badly the night before, causing excruciating pain, so effectively that I can use the hand again today.

I'm grateful for every single one of them.

What makes this current medical situation extra-hard is that it's coming on top of so many others. At the bottom of the stack is the baseline autoimmune stuff, and the older I get, the more crippling the dislocations get. I could barely walk yesterday, never mind do anything else; I'm still hobbling today, but at least I'm mobile. And still dealing with all the other stuff, especially this new thing.

As I said, with Wings's encouragement, I finally wrote about the current medical issues the other night, here. I literally sat down and wrote it straight through, the only edits for typos after the fact. There's a lot I left out because just getting through this was exhausting, never mind the rest, but the main thrust of it will tell you all need to know.  And no, I won't know anything for at least a week, maybe two. The only thing we do know is that every single symptom tracks, and they're progressing. FAST. Oh, and we know I'll have to fight for treatment and care; that much has already been made painfully obvious and that's not even talking about the costs involved, which are easily 6 figures. And it's affecting everything in my life right now.

So, as always, we need SALES. That's it; that's all; that's everything right now. It all gets put aside against the possibility that I may have to have that very, very costly surgery and long-term treatment protocols both very soon. So please, I'm begging folks:  Share our links, and if you're in the market, keep Wings's work in mind for purchases. Selling today's two featured works would cover a next round of imaging and surgeon's consults, if any (and I think it's likely at this point). He'll have some new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as the end of this week: at least one major necklace, and a minimum of four new Warrior Woman and three new Pueblo pins (those last three, with a very cool new twist). I know I'll have at least two pins to post later today, possibly the necklace, and maybe all f them by tomorrow. And if we could sell this week's featured works? Tuesday's, Wednesday's, today's, tomorrow's? All of that combined might cover a first round of chemo, if I wind up needing it. That's where it will go.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] coffee & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                         

No comments :

Post a Comment