Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The way forward.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Sometimes the way forward is really unclear.

Sometimes, you get the answer you need.

I'll have more on that later in a separate post. The immediate concern is all good news, although what results long-term may be not so good.  Even so, that kind of "not so good" is still whole worlds better than the bad that's been definitively ruled out for now.

Short answer, tomorrow I am going to have to cough up the cash I had in reserve for quarterly taxes to pay for a bunch of really expensive blood work. In three weeks, I'll have to pay for another biopsy, plus the pathology analysis, plus the doctor's visits. And I need to make a bunch of sales to cover it, and I need to do so fast.

Because in addition to paying all of the medical people for all of this nonsense, there were vet and farrier last Thursday, chimney cleaners Friday, and vehicle insurance and quarterly taxes by next week, and of course all the usual monthly bills and expenses. And I have no idea how to cover it all, given that I just shelled out more than $1,700 cash four days ago on the imaging. I'm also down 3-4 Patreon patrons since May 1st, which puts a BIG dent in what covers our monthly bills. And as of July 1st, tomorrow, I am having to stop posting every single day on Patreon, because I don't have the time and my health can't take it, so I expect to lose more. And my Patreon is what pays our utilities and other monthly bills, so, yes, I'm worried. I'm also exhausted after the last week, and barely functional, so here we are.

But as I said, Wings will have several new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as tomorrow or mid-week: at least one major necklace posted last week here, and a minimum of four new Warrior Woman (three actually; one's already sold, but the others will likely be ready and posted tomorrow) and three new Pueblo pins (those last three, with a very cool new twist, and the third one was done day before yesterday, but I haven't had enough hours in the day to get it posted yet). I posted the first two Pueblo pins last week; one has already sold, but you can see the other here. Seriously, go check out the necklace; it's incredible. There's also, unexpectedly, a brand-new sterling silver cuff that I'm hoping to get up later tonight or tomorrow; it's simple, but absolutely dazzlingly beautiful.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired constantly, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. One thing: The mosquitoes are out in force now thanks to the rain, and as you know from the loss of Wings's nephew last year to West Nile, they can be deadly for folks like us. Wings has to spend an inordinate amount of time outdoors right now, and he needs to be able to take repellents with him that are not toxic, so I've added a bunch of them to the wishlist, and they are urgent, especially the 2nd and 4th items on the list. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                  

No comments :

Post a Comment