Wednesday, June 2, 2021

When a messenger comes for you.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

She came for me yesterday evening. She has only been around sparingly the last several days, which is still more than usual this time of year (normally, she's not here at all between early spring and late autumn). But last night, apparently she wasn't content to hope that I'd get the message, so she came and found and made sure.

It's an amazing thing when a messenger comes for you. Even more amazing when she carries on a conversation, and then you go back inside to find there's good news.

Yes, there's bad news, too, but it's all been overwhelmed by what else has happened. I got my MRIs scheduled late in the day yesterday, finally. Not for two weeks yet, but still a couple of days earlier than what they'd previously insisted was possible. They tried very hard to push it back another week for the surgeon's convenience, but I fought, and Spirit gave me the words, and it got done properly. Imaging in two weeks; surgeon's consult in three.

Now, the latter may yet wind up being nothing more than a follow-up to say, "Welp, it's actually nothing, despite all evidence to the contrary." That would be the ideal outcome. I know the probabilities, though. So, as always, it's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Which includes hellish out-of-pocket costs. The MRIs are $3,440, unless I can pay cash up-front the day of, in which case they whack it by 50%. That's still $1,720. And thanks to the efforts of my Sister friend and a whole bunch of folks last night, I am looking, stupefied, at $1,750 in our PayPal account today, and weeping with gratitude. Yes, there's still the surgeon's consult bill a week later, I'm guessing $200-300. I'll worry about that then; I know we have one sale coming in between now and then. In the meantime, I can pay them for the imaging on the day of, and there's even a little extra for gas money and so forth. And I cannot thank you all enough. It was one month ago tonight that I first had the inkling that something was very wrong, and since then, things have progressed very fast, and the stress has been indescribable. This just took care of one big source of it. We love you all.

Yes, if it's bad news afterwards, then I'm going to have a hell of a lot more expense. Probably six figures' worth, given what standard treatment is, before it's all done. But I fight. And I'll raise it somehow. In the meantime, I'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

For now, we just need SALES. That's it; that's all; that's everything right now. So please, I'm begging folks:  Share our links, and if you're in the market, keep Wings's work in mind for purchases. He'll have one or two new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as the end of this week.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] coffee & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                    

No comments :

Post a Comment