Monday, June 14, 2021

What it looks like to have no worries.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

That, apparently, is what it looks like to have no worries. The food dish is full, but she not bothering to eat it yet, because she knows it won't be taken away and she won't go hungry, so she'll luxuriate in the fresh-cut grass a while longer.

I'm as green as the grass with envy. 

It's true, though, that last night I was given the gift of one large worry being lifted, of incalculable value in a week (two weeks, more likely, at least) that holds literal existential dangers for me now.

As I said, with Wings's encouragement, I finally wrote about the current medical issues the other night, here. I literally sat down and wrote it straight through, the only edits for typos after the fact. There's a lot I left out because just getting through this was exhausting, never mind the rest, but the main thrust of it will tell you all need to know.  And no, I won't know anything for at least a week, maybe two. The only thing we do know is that every single symptom tracks, and they're progressing. FAST. Oh, and we know I'll have to fight for treatment and care; that much has already been made painfully obvious and that's not even talking about the costs involved, which are easily 6 figures. And it's affecting everything in my life right now.

BUT . . . the costs are less of a burden now. One of our dearest friends, family, actually, family reckoned the old way, not by blood but by fate and the force of the spirits' intent, contacted me last night, having learned of what I am potentially facing. And despite the fact that my amount of Irish ancestry seems so small as to disqualify me, it seems that the spirits have granted me my very own patron saint, in a manner of speaking. It will not obviate the need to make sales regularly; there will be ancillary costs like travel and other expenses, and if it turns out to be bad news, while I'm undergoing treatment I will very likely not be able to work much of the time, which will mean no ability to chase NDN Silver sales or Patreon patrons, either one, and we need both of those just to pay regular monthly bills and expenses. But I am assured that there will be some way to cover the medical part of it going forward, if it becomes necessary, and last night, I sat here and cried for the better part of an hour out of gratitude and sheer relief.

But, yes, we still will need to make consistent sales. As I said, Wings will have several new pieces out soon, too, possibly as early as the end of this week: at least one major necklace, and a minimum of four new Warrior Woman and three new Pueblo pins (those last three, with a very cool new twist). I posted the first two Pueblo pins last night; you can see them here.

I'm skipping all the rest of it because I'm tired constantly, and frankly I don't have the focus right now for anything else. Links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are LaminaSaver for Miika [she's set until August] coffee & metal/glass/dishwasher cleaners);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                          

No comments :

Post a Comment