Sunday, October 31, 2021

Everybody's hungry for something.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Wandering spirits, way the hell down where they don't belong. Of course, they just want to eat, in a grass-is-always-greener kind of way, but I guess that's true of most spirits out wandering right now. Everybody's hungry for something.

Right now, what I want is some downtime, uninterrupted, able to take it a little easy. Oh, and sleep; sleep would be nice. I'm unlikely to get much of either between now and the end of the year, partly because of the pace we keep due to Wings's work and the holidays, partly because of all the external stressors right now. And they are Legion.

We can't get the sales we need to order the supplies he has GOT to get this coming week if he's going to be able to do anything remotely related to holiday inventory. I've got to order cabs and beads for him, and that's hundreds of dollars we don't have. I also have to get my eye stuff handled, but I don't have a spare $1,400 lying around.

We need people to buy his work. Now. We don't make some steady sales VERY SOON? We don't make it through the end of this year, never mind the rest of the winter or '22. And I'm the one who has to carry the worry about all of this, every minute of every day. Our sales are already way, way down for the year because the colonial governments' pandemic mismanagement has trashed the economy. Also? Time is short, a lot shorter than you realize. For folks who are planning on Christmas shopping with us, you will need to order early this year, because thanks to DeJoy's damage, we can't guarantee shipping times.

Also, if you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. Yes, I mean NOW. We're dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. More to the point of what customers care about, we also can't guarantee shipping times this year, because see above. But I've posted a ton of Wings's new work lately, and there will be more in the days and weeks to come. If I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list for the well that is the only thing that's going to keep this land alive. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, I have GOT to make some sales, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                        

No comments :

Post a Comment