Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Speaking of entitlement . . . .

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

[Note:  Our Internet service has been out again for the last three days, courtesy of cable having been run incorrectly at the time of installation. During that time, I've kept up with the posts despite not being able to publish them, and I'll be posting all of the missing ones this evening.  This is the post from this site from Monday, 10/25.]

Yes, that’s Butthead back in the chicken coop yesterday. Twice, in fact. Miika never bothers, but Miskwaki ambles in and out at will now. Layered crumble is apparently good. Then again, he’s never had a particularly discerning palate; if it’s food, he’ll eat it.

Whatever. Creatures once starved and abused are entitled to degree of extra comfort and happiness now.

Today has not had much of either for us, given that we came downstairs early this morning to find that we have no Internet. ::Sigh:: it’s the equipment they replaced three months ago, bad already. Indian Killer Telecom’s management is, as usual up to no good; there was a massive and inexplicable outage last week that just happened, strangely [not at all strangely] to coincide with Century Link’s outage, which tells me that they’re renting space/time from Century Link and piggybacking onto their lines. The CEO makes a fortune; meanwhile, the service we pay thousands for over the course of a year in order to maximize uptime for our work? Is crap. Speaking of entitlement, though . . . .

Meanwhile, this is our busiest season of the year; the holiday sales season starts roughly October 1st, and they’re going to try to tell me it will be three or four weeks before they can get someone out here to replace the part, and then we’re gonna go to war. We don’t have that kind of time. But that means that this will post . . . who TF knows? Some days from now, anyway. And you will see me when you see me, but you won’t know that now, obviously.

So what this will mean is that I’ll have been put even further behind, and the need for sales will be more urgent than ever. We're $300 of the way toward the firewood, which means we can order one load this week. I still need to raise another $500 to order the rest. And then I need to raise more than a grand (probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,400 before it's all done) for my eye appointment, new lenses, new glasses, etc., etc. And that's getting increasingly urgent, because I'm not supposed to be on the lupus meds this long without getting them checked, even though I'm not having any symptoms. But I can't make the appointment until I know I can pay for all of it at once, and since it's out of town and the appointments themselves are expensive, I can't afford to break it up into two when I need both covered equally badly.

So here we go again with the endless chasing of sales to make everything meet where it needs to. And I need to bring in those sales. Desperately. They're already way, way down for the year because the colonial governments' pandemic mismanagement has trashed the economy. Also? Time is short, a lot shorter than you realize. For folks who are planning on Christmas shopping with us, you will need to order early this year, because thanks to DeJoy's damage, we can't guarantee shipping times.

Also, if you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. We're dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. More to the point of what customers care about, we also can't guarantee shipping times this year, because see above. But I've posted a ton of Wings's new work lately, and there will be more in the days and weeks to come. If I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list for the well that is the only thing that's going to keep this land alive. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, I have GOT to make some sales, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                   

No comments :

Post a Comment