Monday, October 4, 2021

Everything is in the red now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021;
all rights reserved.

It's a couple of weeks early, at least, but everything is in the red now: fire maples, vines, even the aspen lines on the mountains are already shifting from gold to copper. Unfortunately, it's true as metaphor, too. Too much expense, too much need, not enough coming in to cover everything. No chance at my eye appointment this month, either, it looks like. And I'm busy battling colonial bureaucracy on multiple fronts right now, even as the lupus symptoms keep ramping up, and the pain with it. I'm struggling on every front.

The worst is the constant fight to keep the land alive, and the animals, and ourselves. We need that well, and we can't even get on the drill list. Meanwhile, there's paying for the horse vet and farrier Friday, the dogs' annual shots coming up, the quarterly taxes, more firewood for the long haul that's already begun, and that thousand-dollar eye appointment to make sure the lupus meds aren't harming my vision and get the new lenses I so desperately need but have been putting off constantly because pandemic and cost. Oh, and now? Saturday I had to order a new burner for the propane tank that heats Wings's studio, another $100 our the door, because the one we bought last year is deader than a doornail, and in this season, there will be no silverwork without heat.

Which means that I have to make sales in a pandemic-ridden climate where almost no one's buying, because folks are afraid of how much worse all of this might get.  I've posted a ton of new work by Wings: another new pair of silverwork earrings last night, here, and three all new pieces here two nights ago, in addition to other recent ones here and here (one of those is now sold) and here, and hereIf I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, I'm beat, lots of lupus pain today with this weather, and I've got a tone of physical stuff yet to do, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment