Thursday, October 14, 2021

Gray and windy and cold.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

The snow and the cold have killed off a lot of the foliage now. Even so, we had a better color season, however short, than we've had in maybe four or five years now. But it's gray and windy and cold, and winter is definitely here.

And wow, am I sick. The way the doctor explained it to me, Moderna is the most effective of the COVID-19 vaccines, and so they have not created an actual "booster" dose like Pfizer was forced to do early on. Instead, for those who originally got Moderna, federal guidelines are limiting so-called "boosters" to those of us actively immunosuppressed (mostly cancer patients, but a few, like me, who fall into other categories), and it's not actually a booster, it's simply a smaller third dose. She also warned me that people were reporting feeling much worse with the third than the other two, and . . . yup, can confirm. But I feel so god-awful with this that I can't even imagine how much worse it would be if I actually contracted the virus itself. It just points up the sheer unadulterated folly of these jackasses who refuse the vaccine. Also the evil underlying it, because it would be one thing if only they got sick, but the fact of the matter is that they infect innocent people., and that's inexcuseable.

So anyway, I'm operating at an even lower ebb than usual right now, although I can feel a difference between today and yesterday, so maybe this will be entirely out of my system by tomorrow or Saturday. What the hell; I can hope, anyway. And maybe then I'll be able to get back to pushing sales, because we really, really need to make some now.

Which reminds me:  If you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. We're also dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. We also can't guarantee shipping times this year, given what DeJoy has doe to the postal service. But lately I've posted a ton of new work by Wings: another new pair of silverwork earrings last Sunday night, here, and three all new pieces here two nights ago, in addition to other recent ones here and here (one of those is now sold) and here, and hereIf I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, lI've got a ton of offline stuff yet to do and I'm slower than ever right now, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                 

No comments :

Post a Comment