Wednesday, October 20, 2021

I made out like a bandit.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

It's not a great picture, but it's been an amazing day. I made out like a bandit. Apparently Wings has been planning this for some time; and I have never had so many gifts on one birthday, ever. [I also don't expect that there will ever be a repeat; this just . . . happened. But I'm grateful for it all the same.] Four pairs of winter boot socks; one pair of fingerless gloves, fur, to keep my hands warm while I'm shooting his work for the Web site; 2 cuffs; 1 spinner ring; 1 pair of concha/Water Bird earrings, 6" long; and half a dozen coral-colored roses. [They're grocery-store flowers. I was with him at the grocery store today.] Yes, I know the jewelry isn't a practical thing, but he makes it, and I love it. The socks and gloves, OTOH, are very much needed and will be very much used.

And a few minutes ago, another incredible gift: a video of our grandkids singing Happy Birthday to me. [E-mailed from Wings's daughter, her husband, and their four gorgeous children.] Who would ever have thought I would get to have grandkids?! Me? Grandkids who sing to me?! 

I am blessed.

I am also blessed by the presence in my life of all the friends and chosen family who sent well-wishes and more, and I am grateful for every one of you.

For tonight? Nope, no dinner out. It's a pandemic. No take-out, either; I'm cooking. Everything around here is so incredibly expensive, most of them build their menus around beef, which we're allergic to, and frankly? None of it sounded good, and I knew by the time we got done with all our errands and got home and got chores done, we'd be tired, so I'm making chicken and pasta. We have a tiny little square of flourless chocolate cake to split for dessert.

And then tomorrow it all starts back up again, the endless chasing of sales to make everything meet where it needs to. For folks who are planning on Christmas shopping with us, you will need to order early this year, because thanks to DeJoy's damage, we can't guarantee shipping times.

Also, if you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. We're also dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. More to the point of what customers care about, we also can't guarantee shipping times this year, because see above. But I've posted a ton of Wings's new work lately, and there will be more in the days and weeks to come. If I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list for the well that is the only thing that's going to keep this land alive. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, I have GOT to make some sales, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                   

No comments :

Post a Comment