Friday, October 15, 2021

It's brutal out there.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

The snow is almost entirely gone down here, but there's still a decent amount left on the peaks. That doesn't look like much, but it's only one spot. The Spoonbowl is still pretty much entirely white.

And it is COLD. We have much higher winds than usual for this time of year, and with the mercury 15 to 20 degrees lower than normal (and about 40 degrees lower than this time the last 3 or 4 years), it's brutal out there. 

Thankfully, aside from some overall fatigue and lingering nonsense symptoms (a little congestion, an intermittently scratchy throat, headache that comes and goes, a spike in my joint pain), most of the effects of the booster seem to have worn off. I definitely don't handle fevers like I used to; then again, I'm not used to getting them anymore. Especially this last year and a half, courtesy of constant masking, gloving, sanitizing, and distancing. Sadly, the one basic local pasttime that I really enjoyed, the simple pleasure of eating out, is one that I may never have again. The last time we went out for dinner was my birthday, 2019. Five days shy of two years. And it's not like we did it very often; couldn't afford it. But it was a real break for me, and that's gone now. Along with a whole lot of other things, a lot of trust, and a lot of lives, people who should still be with us. I'm tired on more than just the booster front, or the cold, or the lupus. 

And in the end, none of it matters, because this country refuses any kind of real change, and because the bills still have to get paid. Because we really, really need to make some now, and time is short, and the holidays are around the corner, and all the expenses of winter are already accruing. It doesn't matter how tired I am, or why; the work has to get done, and it's still never enough.

Which reminds me:  If you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. We're also dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. We also can't guarantee shipping times this year, given what DeJoy has done to the postal service. But lately I've posted a ton of new work by Wings: another new pair of silverwork earrings last Sunday night, here, and three all new pieces here two nights ago, in addition to other recent ones here
and here (one of those is now sold) and here, and hereIf I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, lI've got a ton of offline stuff yet to do and I'm slower than ever right now, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                 

No comments :

Post a Comment