Sunday, October 17, 2021

Everything hurts enough already.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

I wish I could just let myself fall the way she does, knowing that the currents would catch me. I tried that, even from the height of the couch, and I'd break every bone in my body.

Everything hurts enough already.

The last week has been a very expensive write-off. For maybe the first time ever, Amazon couldn't be arsed to process a purchase for a day, and that let the little thief that's been stealing keep at it. Now I have to pay for the socks out of pocket, and half of Wings's SS this month is stolen, and I know that no one is going to do a single goddamn thing about it.

I am tired beyond description. All the bills still have to get paid. It doesn't matter that someone stole hundreds from us; my medical loan is still due. And time is short, and the holidays are around the corner, and all the expenses of winter are already accruing. It doesn't matter how tired I am, or why; the work has to get done, and it's still never enough. So we need to make some sales.  And we need to make them soon, because folks? Y'all can't wait for December for our holiday gifts this year. You do that, you probably won't get delivery before next June, given that our government remains broken and DeJoy is gleefully destroying what's left of the postal service by the day now.

Even more so, if you're planning on commissioning gifts for the holidays, DO IT NOW. We're also dealing with the same supply-chain issues as everyone else, and at some point soon, Wings is going to have to get silver and stones to produce holiday inventory, and I'm hearing that the price is already spiking on the metals. We also can't guarantee shipping times this year, because see above.. But lately I've posted a ton of new work by Wings lately, and there will be more in the days and weeks to come. If I could sell one of the big works, like one of the belts, maybe I could get us on the drill list for the well that is the only thing that's going to keep this land alive. But I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. 

Anyway, I spent most of yesterday pushing fundraising for two different sets of folks who needed it. [And I know which of you look down on us, and you know what? I don't see you doing that for anyone except your own crew, so shove your colonialism.] I'm still dealing with vaccine fallout, to say nothing of lupus, I've got more folks in need in of help, I've got a ton of offline stuff yet to do, and I have GOT to make some damn sales, so links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders, because see above, and coffee coffee coffee, which we're finding it harder and harder to get locally);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through what's left of the year. And right now? I have no way to do it.  But there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                   

No comments :

Post a Comment