Tuesday, September 12, 2023

If only I could make it rain.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Rain in the dark early-morning hours again, as well as after sunrise. I built our first fire of the season this morning, a small one.

And there will be a dusting of snow on some of the higher peaks tonight.

The precipitation is a gift for a ground that even now remains dry. Of course, it's also going to turn a lot of the leaves from green to brown, no fiery shades in between, and drop a lot of them prematurely. But the need for the rain is so urgent that it's no contest.

Now if only I could make it rain in the metaphorical sense. I'm having no luck there, though, no matter what I do.

The costs of everything keep skyrocketing, and I'm not bringing in enough even to begin to meet them, never mind anything extra. I have to bring in sales, and it just gets more urgent by the day, and I can't even get time to work on it. But we still have to keep pushing, because this is a society that doesn't allow for tragedy, or catastrophe, or destruction and death, even when it causes them all. There are bills to pay, expenses to cover, supplies to be stocked for winter, people to help (we've had to do that more than once this past week), and an endless parade of other demands. All in our worst sales year in a long, long time.

I've posted plenty of new work on the site in recent weeks, and there was already a big selection of incredible existing inventory. I'm stretching myself too thin, trying to update numerous platforms daily, and none of it's working; our Web site hits are still at record lows (save for the hack attempts, natch), and sales, of course, are abysmal. And this, going into our supposed busy season of the year. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavailable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment