Saturday, September 2, 2023

I'll be glad when it genuinely starts to *feel* like fall.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Fall colors, brought to me by my honey yesterday. I love the fall flowers, the mixes of jewel tones, like he turning of the leaves. 

I don't think we'll getting much in the way of the latter this year. The drought and heat are too bad; it's looking like another year of going straight from green to dormant (or dead; there's far too much of that now, too).

I'll be glad when it genuinely starts to feel like fall.

Partly, of course, that's because it's when my body gives me the least grief of the year. Not that there's any dearth of that already; I've had to stop the second half of this protocol, because the side effects (including straight-up allergy to the supplements) are just too much. So we'll see if the first prescription half works without the second non-Rx half. If not, I'm out a big chunk of cash and more time that I care to contemplate, but I can't deal with the adverse reactions anymore.

I've also canceled my appointment for next week, or rather, bumped it to the next available, which is three months down the damn road. Yup; December. But I can't afford this now, or anything else. We're already in the hole, thanks to August being an absolute nightmare from beginning to end, which means that a chunk of what clear next freaking Tuesday (even though it was transferred from Patreon early yesterday) will go to NSF fees.

I can't win.

And this is the start of our busy season, where Wings will be doing nothing except trying to build inventory for the holidays (I mean, aside from all the outdoor and other physical labor that he has to do to keep this place running), and I will be doing nothing but trying to sell it, and maybe — maybe — we'll manage enough sales to survive these next four months. .

That's not remotely a given, though.

So folks will presumably understand if I do essentially nothing but push sales now. It's desperate. I'll have his newest cuff up later today; the other day, I posted his two new pairs of earrings, here. There's plenty of other new work in the site, too. But it's been a horrible summer (horrible year, mostly) on seemingly every front, and I am at my wits' end trying to keep everything going. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. We're going to need to stock up on firewood very soon, to say nothing of all the rest, and I am so tired of trying to make the math work when there's absolutely no way, especially not as my health continues to worsen. We need sales NOW, but I need help to make this happen. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavilable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are grim here, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment