Monday, September 18, 2023

Too early, but here we are.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

See that brighter, lighter green line cascading down the mountain like a river? That's what I mean when I talk about the aspen line. Another week or so, and it'll be bright gold.

Too early, but here we are.

Those limbs in the left foreground? One of our aspens, dead now. One more casualty of this 1,200-year drought.

Lots of casualties around here these days. This drought, climate collapse, COVID, colonial invasion . . . all of it is destroying our world here. We've managed to avoid the third of those through hard work and constant mitigation efforts, but when no one else is mitigating? And there's no avoiding the other three at all. It's magnified by our health issues, and by the tanking of the economy for everyone lower on the income spectrum than mortgaged-and-drowning-in-credit-card-debt-middle-class and up. 

And with half a dozen sales so far this year? We are not going to make it.

I'm stretching myself too thin, trying to update numerous platforms daily, and none of it's working; our Web site hits are still at record lows (save for the hack attempts, natch), and sales, of course, are abysmal. And this, going into our supposed busy season of the year. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next four months. A LOT. And I cannot maintain the pace or workload I have in years past; hell, I can barely walk, and I have to limit my typing time now, too [constant dislocations in my dominant hand]. I need help, but there isn't any, and there's nothing to be done about illness except try to adapt to it worsening rapidly now. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavailable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and things are not just grim here, they're desperate. So please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment