Saturday, July 18, 2026

Actually normal weather.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

I would say it was strange weather today, but actually that's only by recent standards. Today was actually normal weather for July here, a few sprinkles, one big cloudburst, and a lot of rain in it. It's just that we don't get normal anymore.

That, though, was this evening, after the rain had already moved out. We were still getting thunderheads building to the northeast, and right now, there's still lightning in the southwest, even this late. Whatever; we'll take it. 

We were actually supposed to be at a friend's this evening for their birthday, but my body, which has been exceptionally bad all week, went fully on strike this morning, The pain was so bad that I even double-checked to see if I took my meds; sometimes, if I get pulled away after taking the first pill, I forget that I haven't yet taken the second, which is the one for pain. NOPE. It's just that it was extreme, the meds weren't even taking the edge off.

I would never have made it, though; that much is clear. And it sucks. This was one of those things we needed to do, and I was actually really looking forward to it, and . . . again, NOPE. This disease has taken so much, and it's going to take a lot more before it's done with me.

And, of course, the pain ruins my ability to concentrate, which is part of why everything is so late tonight. But it's got to get done. I've actually got to bring in a lot more sales than I expected us to need at this particular moment. The last two weeks have set us back about four grand in repairs, fixes, insurance, medical, and a bunch of other stuff [July's always one of the worst months of the year in terms of expense, anyway], and I really need to make some of that up over the next few days. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here [the current remaining priorities are the LaminaSaver for Miika, and the Farnam fly spray, which is the very last item on the list as it displays here, despite being "highest" priority, so go figure];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.