Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Thunder beings.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

We got it all today, or almost all: sun, high heat [90s again], clouds, thunder, wind, rain. Even at sunset, the thunder beings were here, visibly as well as audibly. As far as the latter goes, Cricket's not thrilled by it, but he's used to it; Sunny hates it, and hides; Stormy's completely unbothered by it.

Still, even with only a little rain, this is closer to "normal" than we've had over most of the last nine years, so at least there's that. All in all, it's been a relatively decent day — except, of course, for that whole "can't get to my own work before 10 PM" thing. Today is also the date of the day we first met, all those many, many years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long, hard to believe everything we've been through and survived, but I guess lives like ours will either tear you apart or bind you together, and with us, it did the latter.

But I'll be up late again, because here I am, 11:15 PM, and barely under way on my own work. . And I've actually got to bring in a lot more sales than I expected us to need at this particular moment. July's always one of the worst months of the year in terms of expense, anyway, but this month has been an unholy mess of expenses, and I really need to make some of that up over the next few days. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here [the current remaining priorities are the LaminaSaver for Miika, and the Farnam fly spray, which is the very last item on the list as it displays here, despite being "highest" priority, so go figure];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.