
Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.
Our first hollyhock in at least two years, maybe more. I discovered it this afternoon, right after I learned that one of the people dearest to us is in the process of walking on. There were buds on the top of the plant, unopened, yesterday, and they're still unopened today. This wasn't there then, and I almost missed it, down almost on the ground. I don't think we had that pale pink in this plant before, either. Normally, I would expect to see blue and silver for our friend, given her spiritual tradition, but I suspect that this pink plays a role somewhere.
It's been a very hard day, obviously, and those to come will be hard, too. And I am so very angry that the lights of two of our loved ones will soon be lost to the world, while monsters remains free to stalk the land, not merely thriving but growing ever wealthier from the evil they inflict. And to watch the craven reactions of our so-called leaders would lead to nothing but despair if I had any belief left in any of it. I don't. It's up to us, the ordinary people, and we can only do what we can do, but there can be no weaseling now; the work is required of us.
It would help if my body didn't feel like it were dying around me all the time. It would also help if I could actually know that a decent percentage of people will do the work when I can't, which is now, but most of them won't. not can't, won't. Because they don't actually feel that other people matter. [And before anybody even thinks about coming sideways at me, note that I said "most," not "all," and if it doesn't apply to you, don't jump in front of that bus. I am not in a space where anyone's going to be able to come at me and leave with everything intact.] It's so demoralizing to witness daily how little so many people give a shit about other people.
I'm so burned out, on every front, and I've actually considering shutting down the group, which should tell people something about how bad things are, but it clearly doesn't. Fucking whatever. I've actually got to bring in a lot more sales than I expected us to need at this particular moment. We were so blessed to make one today; another three or four over the next week would do wonders. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:
- Sales here;
- Testimonials here;
- Amazon wishlist here [the current remaining priorities are the LaminaSaver for Miika, and the Farnam fly spray, which is the very last item on the list as it displays here, despite being "highest" priority, so go figure];
- Patreon here;
- Ko-fi here.
All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.