Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hard at work. Appointments coming up, and more expenses. Sales/shares badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

My baby, hard at work. His grinding wheel requires two pairs of gloves; that's what he's putting on in the photo. He's been spending as much time as possible building inventory lately, and the latest (earrings) are now up at his site.

What you don't see are the dogs in the foreground, out of camera range. She-Wolf still seems to be doing remarkably, despite some elevation in her blood glucose, so we're hopeful. She has a follow-up next week, and we'll see where we are. I need to call my own doc on Monday and try to get in sooner, because some of my symptoms have gone from troubling to downright scary (no, there's no discernible pattern, and it's intermittent, but no less risky for that). 

So we still need all the shares and all the sales we can drum up right now, and will for quite a while. There'll be no new work on the house for some time yet, obviously. BTW, Wings has new pieces in the works, items I will likely be posting all next week, so keep checking back. Here are the links; please continue to share them consistently: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (a short reminder to me tonight);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's meds);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I am no more functional than I was a few days ago — less, in fact, although we can't pin down why. I mean, we know it's all part of whatever happened to me in November; it's just that no one can figure out what that is, much less how to fix it. It makes me feel old and decrepit, especially given that I can't take 20 steps without getting short of breath, and I still can't lift or carry anything, which means I'm utterly useless around here. I'm using a cane routinely now when we run errands, and sometimes I just have to stop and sit, because I just can't stand upright another minute. It's profoundly maddening. Still, it's a gift to wake up each morning, even when the wind chills are teens or below; on mornings like this, you get glitter.  Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything.

No comments :

Post a Comment