Thursday, January 25, 2018

Icebergs, and digging out (with a link to someone else's fundraiser). Shares and sales badly needed for us, too.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Sometimes, you hit an iceberg. That was November 10th, for us. We'll be digging out for years yet (medical bills are at $25K and counting). Someone else we all know will be working to get free for along while, too, so if you can, go throw some in that particular kitty; we've kicked in a little, too.

Spent the afternoon at the doctor's office, and I'm beat. A change in one Rx, the addition of another, plus a couple of consults for other kinds of treatment. No invasive testing, thank all that's holy (for now, anyway). I'm now on a specific kind of beta blocker, trying to get my blood pressure off this rollercoaster; I've been spiking into the red zone every time I eat or drink anything at all, and the theory is that when I was exposed to the mist cloud on November 10th, it triggered something that essentially swapped the functions of my sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, with the result that the act of eating is bizarrely jacking my blood pressure way up into the red zone. Anyway, we'll roll with it for now and see what happens. But the upshot is that I'm wiped out, so the rest is all cut-and-paste. Here are the links, and we need sales and shares desperately (because see that total in the first graf up there): 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (sparked by the image; it was over 50 here today);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
As I said last night, I am still not sleeping, and tonight, I feel like absolute crap. I really do need whatever vibes folks have for getting this DX'd and dealt with, because besides scaring the hell out of me 20 times a day, I'm really not good for much right now. Still, it's a gift to wake up each morning, even temps and wind chills are both below zero. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment