Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Lunar convergence, and some good news for a change. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, but at least I'll be breathing. Sales and shares still very badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

My old (OLD) camera doesn't handle shots like this. My good one would've managed it, but it's beyond repair, so this will have to do. And yes, I was out there off and on between 4 and 6 A.M. getting these. One huge change is that I could slip out the upstairs door onto the deck and have an unobstructed view of this lunar convergence thingy, and be only steps away from warmth and a place to sit comfortably. I also took it very easy in the process. And 6 AM was the end of it; no moon visible, and a sudden harsh north wind that arrived with the dawn; up until then, it had been remarkably warm. We still have the wind, but it's pushing sixty degrees at this moment.

The day has been crazybusy already, but with one bit of good news: It looks like I will have a portable O2 concentrator as of next week. The very kind woman at the local medical supply company from whom we've been renting the big monster somehow arranged a deal with her boss, and instead of paying $400 a month rental, they will let us buy it outright at $100 over half the purchase price. Yes, it's new, not refurbished, and under full warranty. No, I don't know how or why, but I'm practically weeping with relief and gratitude. This will let us go to Santa Fe and exchange his scrap silver for new (which is kind of urgent at this point, since he's getting really low on both silver and stones). It will also let me go along on errands a lot more easily now. We can't do it today, or we'd be on our way down there already, but if all goes as expected, we should be able to swing it next week. 

The bill collectors won't be happy that I'm prioritizing breathing over paying them, but I can't pay them anyway if I'm no longer breathing, so they'll just have to wait a while longer. Of course, that means that we still need sales and shares, and badly. Sales particularly, given that the village closure is coming fast. The rest is cut-and-paste, because I'm buried under a massive to-do list and I'm still very, very far behind on all of it, so here are the links: 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (a reminder to me about fear);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales, with a new and fabulous pair of earrings just posted;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I had planned to some new stuff to launch at my new site today (or, rather, long before today), but between lack of money and technical issues, that's still on hold. This business of ignoring my symptoms and my pain  and discomfort does seem to be helping my brain and body both find some sort of accommodation with this oh-my-god-you're-going-to-die thing that keeps happening, which is to say, every time it crops up, I smack it ruthlessly back down and force myself to sit and breathe through it. I dunno how long this will keep working, but I'm going to bulldoze my way through it as much as possible, DX or no. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment