Monday, January 22, 2018

Sub-zero at last. Shares and sales very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
According to the weather app on Wings's phone, it was -7 (yes, seven below zero) when we first woke up this morning. By the time I got around to checking the temperature again around 8:30 or so, it was all the way up to a whole five degrees. 

It is going to get a lot colder tonight. The wind's still blowing, even though normally it dies down before sunset. But even this morning, I was shocked: First, I was so wiped last night that I completely forgot to leave the taps running slightly, and yet we had running water in all sinks, toilets, showers, etc. Second, I was the first one down, and of course both fires had burned down during the night . . . and yet it was still mildly warm in here, sub-zero lows notwithstanding. It's one thing to have it still be warm when the low was 19; quite another when it drops below zero. All the hard work that went into the design and construction of this house has already paid off, in one sense, at least.

Still. This kind of weather has always been hard on my joints, but now, it's affecting my breathing. I'm glad to be seeing the doc this Thursday, even though that means a lot more expense (all the more so since it will likely involve orders for more imaging). I'll have a new necklace (yes, the one I promised you tweeps the other night) in the proper gallery at Wings's site later on this evening. For now, I have to cook (it's a stir fry of sorts tonight; rice, vegetables, and chorizo; posole tomorrow, probably). But what I need from folks at this point is shares for sales, shares for sales. We need 'em.

Desperately, in fact. We need folks to share our links, to offer endorsements of Wings's work to their friends and family, to keep it all moving out there in front of as many people as possible. I really mean it when I say I have no idea how we're going to get through the rest of the winter. I'm being hounded daily over the medical stuff already. And it's not as though I can do anything, physically, but without a diagnosis, none of that matters in the slightest. Also without a diagnosis? Simple survival is no sure thing right now. It's frightening to know that the next few months are going to be so fraught — and then to realize that, if I'm lucky, I'll survive to see them at all. So here are the links; please continue to share them consistently (and the rest is cut-and-paste, mostly): 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (just an image; a beautiful dance by a friend);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
As I said last night, I am still not sleeping, and tonight, I feel like absolute crap. I really do need whatever vibes folks have for getting this DX'd and dealt with, because besides scaring the hell out of me 20 times a day, I'm really not good for much right now. Still, it's a gift to wake up each morning, even temps and wind chills are both below zero. Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment