Thursday, January 18, 2018

Some good news, some notsomuch. Good vibes, shares, and sales all very much needed right now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

This regal spirit is everywhere now. They've decided the new feeder is theirs. Of course, so have the magpies and the starlings and the juncos and the sparrows and the finches and the chickadees (and the chickens, at least in terms of the ground beneath it).

So, some good news, some not so much. 

The car cost us nothing. Everything was working properly today, so the mechanic put it down to the signals being cranky from the cold, apparently. I was busy with Shade and the vet, and that was relatively good news, too. No Cushing's test, given that her last one (about six months ago) was negative and she's showing no overt signs of it right now, although the vet says she'll probably develop it eventually, because she's Cree's daughter. Bigger concern right now is progression of her one-time and very mild case of laminitis, also because she's Cree's daughter. No sign of it now, but she's packed on enough weight this winter that we need to take some off, so we're upping her thyroid med temporarily (it's actually just Synthroid under another name, the very same thing they prescribe for middle-aged human women). Thee's also a chance that she has a polycystic ovary, but we're not going to worry about that unless and until she shows more overt signs of it than a screwy heat schedule and general grumpiness.

She-Wold seems to be doing mostly well, so that's encouraging. Me, notsomuch tonight, so I'm not especially thrilled with things at the moment. Hoping everything is better by tomorrow. The vet asked me some (what I thought were ) really obvious questions about my own health, and her first instinct was that I need exactly what I think I need, so that bolsters my confidence going into my next appointment. She's also inclined to blame the spray chemicals as the trigger, too. The active ingredient in it, under certain conditions, coverts to cyanides, so . . . ::shrugs::. Anyway, some good vibes for blood pressure and so forth would be welcome right now.

And given that there's the neverending worry over money, we need all the good vibes we can get. We have so much to deal with this year (and I'm not even talking about the house; look at what the last two months have been), and I have no idea how we're going to do this, but all I can do is put one foot in front of the other, so here we are. And the only way, as far as I can tell, that we're going to do any of it is through sales, so we still need all the shares and all the sales we can get. There'll be no new work on the house for some time yet, obviously. If I'm feeling up to it tonight (a big if, at this point), I'll be posting a small necklace and earring set plus three new pairs of earrings at his site (in their respective galleries), so check back over there (and on FB and Twitter) later on tonight. Here are the links; please continue to share them consistently (and the rest is cut-and-paste, mostly): 
  • Tonight's post elsewhere (a little precious metal, so to speak);
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to She-Wolf's & my medical bills);
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. There are some things left on both registries that I thought by now I might be able just to buy outright, but medical bills (mine and She-Wolf's both) have to come first.
I haltered up Shade today, and then stood doubled over from the exertion, trying to catch my breath. I have more energy early on, but am still not sleeping, and tonight, I feel like absolute crap. I really do need whatever vibes folks have for getting this DX'd and dealt with, because besides scaring the hell out of me 20 tomes a day, I'm really not good for much right now. Still, it's a gift to wake up each morning, even when the wind chills are teens or below.  Thanks, everybody, from both of us, for everything. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment