Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Done.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

She's back early, on the hunt for winter. That tells us something, and we need to listen to her now.

I realized yesterday, or, rather, I had it brought home to me in criminal, tragic, bloody-minded fashion, that colonial white supremacy is determined to make sure we die, and that it will kill its own children to do it. It's doing its damnedest right now.

And I am done.

The pain and fatigue that I have dealt with my whole life have become absolutely overwhelming now. This country is never getting free of this pandemic, because whiteness, which includes your favorite "liberal" pols and media personalities and celebs and friends and families, refuses to do the bare fucking minimum, and we've already passed the tipping point where we could get it under control. You'll be living with this now, and so will we. But you know what? All the spoiled-brat tantrumming "you can't tell me to do" in the world isn't going to save your bullheaded friends and fam from the next one. Or the one after that, or the one after that. Or from the the fact that the world's on fire and drowning simultaneously.

Yeah, yesterday broke something in me. I don't care. I'm done.

No more social media, except for widgeting stuff. BIPOC/2SLGBTQNBIA/disabled folks who know us and are friends, who have interacted with me in any way besides hounding me for money? Feel free to shoot me your sales and your fundraisers, and I'll boost where and when and how I can. Friends/fam, you know where to find me. The rest? Nope. Done. I don't know when I'll be back. We have to survive, too.

I'm on hiatus from everything except making sales, because the bills don't give a shit whether I can move or sleep or do anything or not, and I've got two more to pay this week (one of which is the payment on my whopping medical loan from a few years ago). Which means that making sales has got to be my perpetual focus, and I can't do it alone. Wings has A LOT of new work, including one more new cuff I'll be posting today, so I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. After paying our taxes the other night, I really do need to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of bills.

I did get the new cuff posted sthe other day, and yes, you DO want to go to the link on the site and look at all the photos; trust me on this. There's also a brand new ring, posted here Saturday. The other new cuff will be up here by late morning, probably, and you do want to see that one, too. I have GOT to make some sales for us to make it through the month, never mind the rest of the year. Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please watch for all of it and share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                  

No comments :

Post a Comment