Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Lots of stormclouds; precious little rain.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Lots of stormclouds; precious little rain. The last two days have been mostly gray; today had more sun, but still plenty of thunderheads, and only two momentary showers to show for it. We had to go across town today, and the trees are turning everywhere (and in too many places, dying or already dead).

It's been a long day. Wings had another round of his dental work this afternoon, and until we can get his hearing aids, I have to be in the room with him to make sure he hears everything that's going on. They're used to me by now; I just sat there in the corner with my arm in a sling. 

That was better today, too, if not fully corrected yet. Just before bed last night, Wings worked on my right shoulder again, and he got the ball joint of the humerus to move about the width of a hair back toward what passes for "in place." It was such a small movement that I almost missed it, but it was there. I got a little more sleep as a result, and I have a little more range of motion in my dominant arm today, but I'm still using the sling to remind myself not to overdo it and rip it out again. ::Sigh:: I suspect this is my life now, always trying to prevent new tears, because the problem is the weakening of my connective tissue. There's no fix for that.

Now, I have to make some sales to cover August. The bills don't give a shit whether I can move or sleep or do anything or not, so that got to be my perpetual focus, and I can't do it alone. Wings has A LOT of new work (with a new cuff coming tomorrow, and a new ring not long thereafter), so I'd be grateful to everyone who shares it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please watch for all of it and share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                

No comments :

Post a Comment