Friday, August 6, 2021

Sometimes you just gotta back that ass up.

Photo copyright Aji, 2021; all rights reserved.

Sometimes you just gotta back that ass up.

It's Miika's favorite thing in summer, getting sprayed by the hose.  I don't think I've ever seen a horse who loves it so much. She backs right into the spray, and then turns from side to side like a model, except getting drenched instead of getting photographed. Usually.

No farrier, and no vet. Apparently the farrier had to reschedule and he texted Wings . . . and forgot to hit "send." So. No idea when the reschedule will be. 

It's already been a busy morning here. Wings FINALLY got his appointment with the audiologist to get tested for his hearing aids, and yup, it's profound hearing loss. No idea yet about the what or the how or especially the when, never mind the how much. IHS does either free or low-cost (can't remember which) basic hearing aids, but I don't think they're the telecoil kind that provide directional amplification of voices, which is what he needs; I think those are just basic amplifiers that raise the volume of ALL sounds, which produces essentially cacophonous background noise. ::Sigh:: so to get what he needs, we'll probably need to pay through the nose, in cash.

Meanwhile, my right shoulder and arm are trying their damnedest to sublux again (dislocate slightly, for those unfamiliar with the terminology). I have something subluxed constantly, always have, but it varies. When it's hip, knee, ankle, foot? Yeah, it's painful, very, but I can hobble around. When it's my right arm rendered unuseable? I'm in trouble. So I'm back in the sling again.

But the bills don't give a shit whether I can move or sleep or do anything or not, so making sales has got to be my perpetual focus, and I can't do it alone. Wings has A LOT of new work (with a new ring coming probably tomorrow, and another new cuff later today), so I'd be grateful to everyone who shares all of it, and of course, if you're in the market, keep us in mind for purchases. After paying our taxes the other night, I really do ned to build up some reserves to get us just a tiny bit ahead of the eight-ball of bills.

Anyway, links are here:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are all the mosquito-prevention items, especially the portables and the patio-surface ones, because Wings can take them around the land with his as he works);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to make up this staggering outlay somehow. There's lots of fabulous new work, so please watch for all of it and share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2021; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                

No comments :

Post a Comment